On the occasion of the celebration of the centenary of Stanisław Lem, who often used game theory, we have prepared an interactive city game E-LEM-ENTS. Illuminated billboards in the area of Krakow’s Old Town will become the game board, thanks to which you will get to experience interstellar adventures! The game includes text in Polish, but if you follow the instructions below, you will be able to play the game easily, because it is based mainly on visual actions.
E-LEM-ENTS is a game that will take you on a virtual interplanetary journey, inspired by the amazing space expeditions of Ijon Tichy, the main character of Stanisław Lem’s Star Diaries novel. You will discover five planets with hidden E-LEM-ENTS in the Augmented Reality animations designed by Ari Dykier. Can you complete all the journeys? The award is surprising and one of a kind!
How to play?
- Find one of the five locations in the center of Krakow with the interactive E-LEM-ENTS posters displayed on illuminated billboards at tram stops. You can find the exact locations on the map below and in the app.
- To start the game, scan the QR code in the upper right corner of the poster. The application will start in the web browser. You don’t need to install anything.
Each location is a journey to one planet where you can collect one E-LEM-ENT.
- To start the animation, stand in front of the poster and click the camera icon to switch on the camera. Direct it at the poster. Now you can start the animation in augmented reality with the play button.
- The E-LEM-ENT visible on each poster is hidden in the animation – look for it there.
- When you see the E-LEM-ENT on the screen, click on it quickly – this way you will capture it and then the journey on this planet will be finalized and marked as completed on the Interplanetary Map.
- After discovering all planets and collecting five E-LEM-ENTS, you will win a unique prize!
Active points on billboards at the bus/tram stops:
Dworzec Główny Wschodni i Zachodni
The city game E-LEM-ENTS was developed by the Photon Foundation as part of the celebration of the Year of Lem 2021.
Concept: Elwira Wojtunik, Zuraida Buter, Popesz Csaba Láng
Coordination: Popesz Csaba Láng
Animation: Ari Dykier
UX: Keun Kindred
UI: Lena Malecha
Production: Photon Foundation